Saturday

Vegan Beauty & the Ugly Goose Pregnancy


Fishy Night Out

     As this beautiful autumn weather continues to change its moods, winter is inevitable.
My pregnancy has caused a huge change to my skin, my hair, obviously my weight and those stretch marks... they have an evil way of attacking.
Yet I still haven't given up my passion for investing my money in purchasing quality, fairly priced cosmetics that is not tested on animals or that does not include any animal ingredients. 

The first time I heard about animal ingredients in cosmetics was through my librarian who had told my  first grade class that the luster of lipstick was made from shark skin and that glitter was made from fish scales. . .  Of course everyone said eew! but has anyone ever taken that to heart till this day?   ....I know I definitely have.


My First Beauty Products

     Later in High School, I remember my first time entering a Sephora store at Roosevelt Field mall. I had been a frequent shopper at Roosevelt Field since my mother and I had arrived to New York from Slovenia. But this was my first time buying cosmetics and Sephora (mostly over priced but they have my favorite products which also contain rare and fair trade ingredients-depending on the product you are purchasing).....

My cousin and I were only sixteen years old and searching to fill our fake but gorgeous $40 Chloe designer bags and our victoria's secret PINK cosmetic bags with beauty products from this high end French store. We browsed and browsed and somehow we both ended up splitting, she ran off in search of a heavenly product to help he get rid of her acne. I was in search for the perfect scent. That's when I stumbled upon a delicious perfume, of course I searched for the ingredients and the first thing my caught eye was "animal tested" ...This is going to sound ridiculous but.... The way I felt about those two words.... I haven't felt like that since the first time I got my period. Now days that product has finally realized how horrible it is to test on animals so I give them props to now officially becoming Animal Cruelty Free.


Pregnant AND Beautiful ?

     Moving forward, yesterday while running work errands I had decided to do a little mental and emotional cleansing. 
     Let's be honest! At some point in our lives we have cried because of the changes of our body and not being able to control it and worst of all, when people make fun of you. I can not even begin to explain how many times, well in fact my entire first trimester I looked like a hobo monster but it wasn't my fault in all honesty.

     I had an allergy to everything. Everything made me want to vomit. I just couldn't look good and when I did, my sweat and constant itching and rubbing of my face and hair and all that peeing and moving around and vomiting and face rinsing... Yeah.... It was so bad I couldn't even wash my hair with almost any shampoo. I honestly tried ten different shampoo and conditioner combos then I tried doing it solo. My biggest concern wasn't my appearance it was, where the restroom, hope there's a bottle of water in my bag and I hope I don't faint and up going to the emergency room again.


Pregnancy is TOUGH!

Nothing can describe it and

every woman has her own experience.




So if you don't feel beautiful and others are judging you. 
Calling you ugly or fat or blah blah blah corn fed bull poo.
All I can tell you is that 


YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
YOU ARE STRONG
YOU ARE BRAVE
YOU ARE A FERTILE WOMAN
YOU ARE FABULOUS

EAT HEALTHY!
DON'T FEEL GUILTY FOR EATING AN ENTIRE BOX OF ICE CREAM
AND CRYING FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL!

YOU ARE SEXY!
IN __ MONTHS/WEEKS/DAYS YOU ARE GOING SEE A BEAUTIFUL
BUNDLE OF JOY AND YOU ARE GOING TO BE A LOVING AND BRAVE MOTHER!

IF YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH PREGNANCY YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH ANYTHING!




Also read my new post: Winter Wonderland Beauty 
for beauty products that I've been using recently to help boost my skin
& actually it needs to grow a bit more products for some new skin issues which
will be up on my blog real soon. 


STAY     STRONG!


x o x o
Amela Sandra




No comments:

Post a Comment