Sunday

Pregnant & Beautiful


There are so many myths that may or may not be true about pregnancy.
Personally, I can relate to many of the issues many pregnant women are having.
Quiet honestly, I am not ashamed to share that many of us women do get stretch marks, dry nipples, rosacea, new allergies, sensitive skin, and every perfume or cologne you smell no matter how cheap or inexpensive stinks!


Although many of my skin and body care habits have changed, I have kept some the same.
For example, every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed I wash my face with liquid soap or a face wash, whatever is available to me at the moment. Washing your face is absolutely important. Previously I was using the 
Rose Cleansing Foam from Fresh
Price Range: $38
but I ran out of it two nights ago.






The next thing I do is use a toner, my favorite toner, especially during my pregnancy is 
Vitamin E Toner via The Body Shop 
Price Range: $5 to $8 (during special sales) & $13 regular price
This toner is a vegan (not tested or used on animals) Vitamin E based toner which means that your skin gets cleared up of impurities like dead skin cells, dry skin, left over make-up, and the best part is that the vitamin e in this toner gives moisture to your skin. Moisture is especially important if you have dry skin whether during the cold winter months or because of hormone changes during pregnancy or because that's the way your skin is. Also this particular toner doesn't have a strong smell that makes you want to vomit your organs. 

My skin is a combination of oily and dry, meaning some areas of my face are dry and others areas are oily. This toner works great for combination skin. Also, I've always had sensitive skin, now it's really sensitive due to my hormone changes from my pregnancy.



The next product that I use is my daily moisturizer by AVEDA & the reason why I'm particularly fond of this moisturizer is because it isn't heavy. It's water based but thick enough to lock onto your skin and hydrate your face with natural botanical ingredients. As I've mentioned, my skin has become much more sensitive now during my pregnancy, 
Aveda's All-sensitive Moisturizer 
Price Range: $33
It's a must have because (1) it doesn't have a strong aroma, it's very neutral (2) it contains exotic botanical ingredients (3) it's perfect for sensitive skin (4) it's very light weight & not sticky & (5) if your skin is oily, dry or combination this moisturizer is also highly recommended from me to you





You seriously shouldn't rely solely on beauty products to help you maintain a healthy body or beautiful skin. All of my life I have been complimented for my "beautiful skin" "clear complexion" and I've been called "lucky" a billion times. My secret isn't much of a secret anymore if you've been reading my blog loyally. My diet isn't always perfect, I do eat junk food here and there but 98% of the food I eat, even if it's junk food, it has to be of some nutritional value. 


At the moment of my pregnancy I am especially cautious of my eating and I always make sure to take my vitamins as instructed. Every morning I begin my day with a fresh smoothie, a whole fruit, some crabs like crepes or oatmeal with jam & then I take my vitamins. After my smoothie, I make sure to drink about 8 to 10 bottles of water before I was pregnant but now that I'm pregnant I drink 14 to 18 bottles of water per day, on my busiest days or on the coldest days, I drink between 18 to 20 bottles of water per day. Each bottle of water contains 500 mL / 16.9 oz / 1.05 PT .





The mind is a beautiful beautiful thing. It can also be dangerous to your health if you keep stressing yourself out with negative thoughts. I have noticed that sometimes when I'm stressed out I become more stressed out for being stressed out because I know that my stress is also affecting my baby. So what I do when I'm stressed out is quick yoga or I go for a little stroll to get some air or I get up, make myself some fresh lemonade and breath! 





Well Ladies, that's all for now.
For of my secret tips & tricks please subscribe to my blog by clicking -here-
& Enjoy new entries every weekend.
Have a Lovely Sunday!

x o x o
Amela Sandra




No comments:

Post a Comment