Friday

Fresh Trial Mix


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, even a tiny snack or few in the morning like trial mix, two apples sliced, a banana, a smoothie and boiled eggs together count as a healthy and filling brunch.  Just not in that order & all at the same time. Ahaha. Personally this is my daily breakfast regime. 

Every night before I go to bed, I prepare my lunch for tomorrow. 
This is a great way to save money and stay healthy. 
In the past few months of last year I've noticed a trend in my spending habits.
I would spend so much money on dinner. I've never had a problem with breakfast and lunch because I'd always pack those but dinner is always an issue with me especially on my busiest days.

Snacks that remain fresh through out the day really help.
For example trial mix, I've never found the perfect trial mix so I've decided to create my own. My trial mix tends to vary depending on the ingredients that I have at hand. Yet it's always the same: dry fruit, mixed nuts & sometimes chocolate bon bons.


Where to get the BEST Dry Fruit & Mixed Nuts:

·      Mediterranean Supermarkets - usually offer the best quality, fresh dry fruit & nuts; usually you have the option of filling a bag of how much of what you want for example if you're a huge fan of walnuts or pistachios then you can more so than red peanuts and sunflower seeds
·      Trader Joe's - sometimes they also have cheaper organic dry fruit & nuts; although you have to purchase it individually in prepackaged bags 

Honestly, those are the only two places where I buy dry fruit and nuts. It's fresh, organic and delicious. Below is my favorite creation, the ingredients I've put together make the trial mix super delicious!



My Favorite Trial-Mix Creation:
·      4 Plums

·      4 Apricots
·      1/2 cup of walnuts
·      1/2 cup of pistachio
·      1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
·      1/3 cup of pine nuts
·      1/3 cup of flax seeds


·      1/2 cup Almonds
·      Chocolate Bon Bons or Chewy Ginger Candy






Enjoy your breakfast!
Be sure to subscribe to my blog & always stay up to date.
Follow Me on Instagram for more photos.
My thoughts are on Twitter 
My Youtube Channel is coming soon!



x o x o
Amela Sandra


















No comments:

Post a Comment